Thursday, May 30, 2013

White Pizza


A couple of weeks ago Corey was sick, which meant either ordering-in or I would have to cook--which never rarely happens.  I am the baker and he is the chef.  After browsing the aisle of Trader Joe's, I decided to make a white pizza.  If I can make this recipe, anyone can!

Ingredients:
Pizza Dough (I used Trader Joe's dough but you could make your own or use any brand)
3/12 Tablespoons Oil
1-2 Garlic Cloves, chopped
1/2 cup Basil Leaves
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Toppings of choice, I used: Goat cheese and Sun-dried tomatoes


Preheat oven according the Dough directions.

Roll out your pizza dough on a prepared surface.  At first mine looked like a drunken triangle who married a square, then I found this video.  It helped a ton!




We recently invested in a Pizza Stone, so I used the opportunity to try it for an actual pizza.  We've used the stone for cookies & rolls and been very happy so far.  Transfer your dough to your Pizza Stone or baking dish (unless you were smart and started there, which I have since started doing).

Rinse & Chop your basil, toss in Parmesan cheese, Garlic, Oil & Pepper (dash of each).  Let soak in a small bowl and set aside.

Top Pizza Dough with 3.5 Tablespoons of Oil and 1-2 cloves of finely chopped garlic.  Spread so it coats the entire pizza, especially the crust (I also added Italian seasoning and red pepper flakes here).  Top with 2 cups Mozzarella cheese, Goat Cheese and Sun-dried Tomatoes.




Cook according the dough directions.  At about ten minutes left, pull Basil leaves out of water and dry by pressing between two paper towels.  Add the Basil to the pizza during the last five minutes.  By soaking the leaves in water it prevents them from burning, gives them a great taste and the Parmesan sneaks in that third cheese.  We are a cheese loving family here!


Let cool slightly before slicing.  Enjoy!

Am I the only one who has this much trouble getting my pizza round?

No comments:

Post a Comment